Listen Now to Our Latest Episode...
Episode 206 4 Tips to Grow a Private Practice From an Intern
Startup Nation, Meet:
Chrissy Barlahan, MFT-I, managed to finish grad school having moved far away from family and friends, having a very difficult pregnancy, and birthing an 8lb wild child.
She has built a FULL private practice of 20+ clients in about 5 months! She spends her days off chasing her sweet son, watching guilty pleasure TV with her husband, and taking out her daily stress in kickboxing classes.
ONE STEP AT A TIME
◘ The overwhelm that can take over
◘ Start with one thing at a time and do it well
◘ Favorite things (brighter vision and moo)
◘ Listen to your own voice
DON'T FREAK OUT
◘ Acquiring clients can be slow at first, don’t panic!
◘ Fighting the feeling that you’re not worth your rate
◘ Making a “plan” for your client’s session/feeling unprepared
◘ Things people will say to discourage you from private practice
STAYING CONSISTENT WITH THE LIFE YOU WANT
◘ Not sacrificing lifestyle for getting clients in the door
◘ Know what you want your life to look like and don’t compromise
THE TOP 10 PODCASTS THAT SHAPED CHRISSY'S PRACTICE
1. Episode 52: Secrets of a badass directory profile with Laura Long
2. Episode 53: 5 secrets of a badass directory profile in action with Laura Long
3. Episode 107: Outsmarting Imposter Syndrome with Melody Wilding
4. Episode 109: Hypnotize me- How to Build Your Hypnosis Practice with Elizabeth Bonet
5. Episode 123: Therapy by Design- 3 ways to comfort clients through office styling with Hilary Holmes
6. Episode 126: Take the Brakes Off your practice- Top 3 fears holding you back with Jane Carter
7. Episode 128: Scarcity proof your practice with Keri Nola
8. Episode 137: Using authenticity as a tool to grow your practice with Maritza Barrera
9. Episode 144: What is branding and why do I need it with Kimberly & Justin Slagle
10. Up Close and Personal Series
Resources & Giveaways
Get the most STAND OUT business cards and make them remember you! Click HERE and get 25% OFF
Ready to dive into creating the private practice of your dreams? Don't put your private practice dreams on hold any longer, Click Here to get started TODAY with the Marketing E-Course
Guest's Contact Info:
Meet Your Co-Hosts:
What’s up #StartupNation!?! We’re so excited you’re here. In case you’re new to our community, I’m Dr. Kate Campbell, LMFT (on the right) and my business partner aka “BP” Katie Lemieux, LMFT is on the left.
We both built our thriving, 6-figure full-fee private practices from the ground up and love inspiring ambitious mental health professionals across the globe to brand themselves and grow their dream private practice!
We have a blast co-hosting the podcast! We look forward to inspiring you from startup to mastery!